Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: New User's Board......Thumbs Down

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AL-TEC's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    WOW!.......I guess I finally got on here to this new really unusual Forum format!
    I just e-mailed you Todd. Looks like I finally got on here!?? I hope.
    As I stated in my e-mail to you, I know that this new format has alot of advantages apparently, but I don't like it.
    It is too complicated to log on to,....to just talk Altec, and I feel it will discourage newcomers after they do the registration "nightmare", and "log-in" name, and "avatar" monster thing.......(That I donn't know what that is???)

    So I guess I'm just saying I do not like this Forum format, or it's looks, and I have contributed many times on the old Forum at the Great Plains site on University Sound/Altec/Vintage Audio......ect. I have tried to help those who have vintage Altec gear questions, and I will try to keep doing so. Maybe if this Forum stays as it is, I can get used to it, but I am not sure!

    Hope this gets through......

    AL..Altec nut, and Audiophile/Installer forums

  2. #2
    Inactive Member David Deratany's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I, too, was annoyed, but then realized it has to do with cookies. My "Internet Clean" program deletes cookies every time I exit my browser and that was what was causing me to have to log in each time. So I set it to "protect" the one that this site places, and now I am spared the log in routine.

    I would bet that if you enable cookies you will be logged on automtically.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    New User's Board......Thumbs Down


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: New User's Board......Thumbs Down

    did we ever get the cookies fixed?
    Sonic Barbarian

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New User's Board......Thumbs Down

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-G View Post
    did we ever get the cookies fixed?
    Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen a post from 2002, anywhere!

    I think the boards been totally re-done several times since then.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: New User's Board......Thumbs Down

    Sounds about right, though as you've learned, it's samo-samo part 3? 4?.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.